Thursday, June 10, 2010

United Farewell

We celebrated the end of Team United's spring soccer season tonight at an indoor soccer facility in Manassas. The kids were able to play soccer for the hour prior to the trophy presentations. To our surprise, our wonderful coach bid Evan farewell with a DC United jersey with his name on the back. It was such a generous gift and completely unexpected. 


On a side note, Evan attended the party tonight with one top tooth hanging in the gum line at a 45 degree angle. I tried numerous times this afternoon to pull it out and it wouldn't budge. Tonight I was finally able to get it. As we got ready for bed and placed the tooth in the fairy box - the very box I purchased in Poland seven years ago for this very event, Evan wished aloud, "Tooth Fairy, please bring me Mighty Beanz with the football bean and some Silly Bands."

I have no idea how the traditional one dollar bill has evolved into a specific toy list, but it has. Evan now believes the Tooth Fairy takes requests much like Santa.

However, I heard the request and almost fainted because although I have had the Mighty Beans purchased and hidden for several days now, I had no Silly Bands. So I did what any mom would do at 10:00 at night. I dressed and headed for the 7-Eleven. It was with great relief that I found the animal bands, and I opened my wallet to count out quarters for the anticipated $1.00 purchase price.

"$3.14" Clearly the accent of the Indian clerk got in the way of my understanding. Because everyone knows that a pack of ten rubberbands can't possibly cost more than a dollar. Even if they are tye died. I asked him to repeat the price.

He repeated, "$3.14." What could I do?

Nothing except put away the quarters and pull out the dollar bills.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-8516439537420936574?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment