Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After our housing fiasco at our current duty station (three houses in five years), I vowed to never rent a house again. If there is one bright side to the Army moving us south, it is cheaper housing, and thus, our ability to purchase our first home.

I was a little worried last month when our realtor sent pictures of the interior, and the kitchen colors didn't match what I had envisioned with the on-line color palette the builder sent. Then it came time to select flooring, and the nice man helping me over the phone claimed, "We don't do concrete floors in this neck of the woods." When I asked to see samples of the standard carpeting and hardwood, our builder said, "M'am, I don't use email and stuff like that to send pictures. I am doin' good to use this phone." That comment didn't sit well with me either. And then there was this fleeting moment when I thought that tractor pulls might be the bright spot in my move to the "woods" where no one uses technology.

However, Wes is in Hinesville this week for the closing, and he assures me that the house is beautiful. It is ready for our arrival, and in ten more days we will be spending our first night in home sweet home number eight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment