Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fort McAllister

We just can't get enough related to the Civil War, so we have continued our battlefield tours in Georgia. Last night I suggested we drive to Fort McAllister which is a short day trip from our house. Here's what transpired:

Me: Hey, boys! You wanna take a trip to a Civil War battle site and look at bunkers?
Keagan: No, thanks. I am not really into fighting wars right now. I don't think I am old enough to shoot adults.

That kid! Since all of the dads on the cul-de-sac are currently deployed, I guess he assumes that he will be next. When he realized he wouldn't actually be expected to fight, he was content with pretending to fight.





The park was beautiful! And hot! But we didn't find any wild boar. I still expect to see one any day now.




No comments:

Post a Comment