Sunday, June 6, 2010

Inzone Celebration

Keagan spent two weeks trying to determine which inzone celebration was the most appropriate for his next touchdown. As a family we voted and narrowed it down to the following:
1. The "Thanking the Heavens" Move that you see all of the pros do. You might need some imagination for this one.
2. Retro Disco Move
3. The Robot

Unfortunately, Keagan's touchdown on Saturday was called back to the twenty yard line because the ref said Keagan stepped out of bounds. I couldn't believe he called it back when it was surely just his big toe that touched the white line. "Give the five year old a break," I almost yelled until I remembered I promised to be quiet while on the sidelines.

However, Evan did score a touchdown this week - his first because he almost always plays quarterback. This week he asked the coach if he could play running back, and Coach agreed. The first play of the game Evan ran it the length of the field to the inzone.

I was not quiet. I did not sit. I was yelling wildly, "That's my baby!!!"

I saw the guy on the opposite side of the field grin; he was transfixed by my own celebration dance that included shrills, shrieks, and lots of jumping. I decided apologies were not necessary.

As for Evan's celebration...he decided on his own. Hands pumped into the air in pure joy. I have never seen him happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment