Friday, December 6, 2013

Magical Season

Just when I thought the boys had outgrown our tradition of placing a boot by the door and awaiting St. Nicholas's arrival, Evan reminded me this week that December 6 was almost upon us. As we hunted for the combat boots last night, Keagan admitted he believed in the Christmas magic of Santa and St. Nick, and I said a silent prayer thanking Him for one more year of believing.

St Nicholas did visit our house last night and he brought the boys soccer jerseys from their favorite players. I think it was a big hit because the boys stripped down in the front hallway and put them on almost immediately. And then they posed for me.





Aren't they sweet? And cute?

Evan tore into his Hershey's Peppermint bar and said, "Mom, this is soooo good that I will call it Jesus food."

I let them eat all the candy from the boots they wanted and then ushered them outdoors for a game of football on our first snow day of the year!


A snow day without snow. Who says the Christmas season is not magical?

No comments:

Post a Comment