Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Open House

We attended Open House at Taylors' Creek tonight, and the boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their new school. With SMART boards, FLIP cameras, digital cameras, LCD projectors and computers in every room, there is definitely an emphasis on learning with technology. Evan said the library was "magical"; he is such my boy! Keagan took a lap around the awesome gym and felt right at home. 
Keagan met his teacher Mrs. Banks, and he is more than ready for the first day of school. 

He even completed his first homework assignment, "Kindergardeners, Come Out of Your Shells". He decorated his paper plate turtle like a soldier and used the Spanish moss to camouflage good ole Rick the Turtle.



Evan met his new teacher, Mrs. Aspinwall, or Mrs. Asprinwall if you ask Evan to try to pronounce it. Evan is so excited about the first day, and since he has begged to be home-schooled for two years, this is saying a lot for my boy!



This evening Evan asked, "Am I talking like I am from Georgia yet? I think Mrs. Asprinwall might teach me how to do that this year." Because she lives in the town promoting year around tractor pulls, I think that might be a real possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment