Wednesday, May 13, 2020

This Week in Home Repair

It has taken 52 days, but I now have a screened in porch with a stain color that is not blue! I was beginning to doubt this would come to fruition.  Especially this week when I found the guy we hired to restain it had painted himself into a corner. He had to stand in the corner and wait 15 min for it to dry before he could move again. I laughed so hard, I cried. 

It was worth the frustration with the good ‘ole boys and the unpredictable rainy weather. It was worth waiting another week and asking the guys to do it again because it wasn’t right the first time. To top it off, Ryker is scared of the flames from the fire pit and refuses to go near the new rug. 





And now that the deck is done, I was able to get my herb garden planted. We just lack mint. 



I expect to spend many days here reading books, listening to the finches as they fly across the yard, and watching some golf. If all goes well, by mid-summer I’ll be here on the porch in between swims. Life is grand.

Next project: Keagan’s bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment