Thursday, May 28, 2020

Texas Summer

Our last day in Texas was sunny and warm. It is still too cold for Evan and me to get in the pool, but the girls have no qualms about jumping in. I’ve never been in Texas the last weekend of May with temps this cool. Twenty-two years ago this week the temps were above 100; I know because my wedding portraits were taken at 2:00 in the sizzlin’ heat. 

We started the day at the sporting goods store trying to spend a gift card. The girls really wanted the boys to get one of these swimming trunks. Surprisingly, Evan bit on the pair with dinosaurs on jet skis.



We had lunch today with my grandmother and aunt. She told us stories of her days living in government quarters in California during WW2, and PaPaw’s teen years playing the coronet for Harry James’s Big Band. 





Who would ever guess Moo is 94 years old?

For dessert, we made our way to the peach orchard for homemade ice cream.



Evan and Jamie went fishing one last time. And Vikki and I swapped small town news one more time over dinner. Tennessee is our next stop. 




No comments:

Post a Comment