Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yard Art: Tacky or Tasteful

Every once in a while I have an opinion. Some might say a strong opinion. It's possible that I have expressed those opinions a time or two.

Today, on our way home, we passed the new neighbors' house, and I hear this from the backseat, "That house is really nice with the red brick and white fence, but why would they put those TACKY statues of lions in the yard?" And the son sitting on the other end of the back seat: "That's like something you would see in a SKETCHY neighborhood."

As if in unison, I am asked, "Mom, what do you think?"

Either my one or two opinions concerning yard art have been expressed one too many times, or my boys are watching way too much of HGTV. I'm thinking that marathon weekend of International House Hunters last month may be to blame because I don't think I have ever said anything derogatory about yard art, multi-colored blinking Christmas lights, or inflatable Christmas decorations.

Yeah, I'm sure it must be the HGTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment