Monday, January 24, 2011

It's the Lack of Emetrol

This weekend I decided my parenting skills could be called into question when I found all of these events transpired in one week.

1. One of my children, he will remain nameless, spent the entire day Saturday wearing no underwear. It was not by choice; he had nothing clean to wear.

2. At Thursday night's basketball game, I found Keagan's Henry and Mudge book was book marked with a tag from my last bottle of wine. You can read the entire story just a few entries down.

3. At this same basketball game, I clapped and cheered when Evan got his first foul because I felt like his skills as a defensive player far outshined any free throw shots an eight year old could make.

4. My boys downed 12 cups of Itailan ice is 18 hours, and I justified it by claiming the mango flavoring was our fruit for the day.

5. I served Sonic for dinner not once but for two nights this week. The second night, as we awaited our food, Keagan said, "Oh, I know that guy on skates. He served us on our date night, Mom." Yeah, we frequent the Sonic a lot.

I could blame it all on my lack of Emetrol, but I would be remiss if I did not admit that this is pretty much the norm in our house. At this point, my biggest worry, is trying to calculate the soonest date I can stop at Sonic again this week and not have the boy on skates label me as one of his regulars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment