Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Suns Shine Bright Tonight

I think the heavens parted this evening and sent angels upon the basketball courts of the youth center's gym. Miraculous action is the only way I can describe tonight's win - even if it was only by two points. It probably also had something to do with allowing Evan to double dribble the entire game without a whistle blown, but angels and miracles make for a better story.

I am wondering if the aspirations of having my older son play tight end for some unnamed college football team just might be usurped by the newest dream: having my son play for some unnamed college basketball team. I feel like I might have created some type of basketball prodigy because I found today that he can dribble with his left hand and shoot with his right. If that isn't college material, then I don't know what is. And if that isn't enough, his tongue is out the entire time. I'm thinking we are on to something.



Thursday night we hit the courts again. I am going to pray for additional help from the heavens, but if that is not available, then I'll keep my fingers crossed for a ref with a blind eye to Evan's double dribble action. Otherwise, I am back to the dream of my baby playing tight end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment