Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Perfect Date

Keagan is a mama's boy and has been from the moment he was born. When he was an infant, he cried if Wes looked at him - no lie. I think it was his first birthday before he actually let my mom hold him for any length of time, and even then, he sat on the edge of her lap ready to sprint to me should she try to lock him into a bear hug.

On Tuesday night, after spending two full weeks together for the holidays, Keagan broke down into tears and said, "Mom, I just miss you so much when I am away from you. I can't go back to school tomorrow and be away from you. I'll be so sad."

So long story short, Keagan and I had a date night Friday night, a time for just the two of us to spend some time together. He had maybe three or four places to choose from in the greater Hinesville metropolitan area. Only one other option if you remove anything on post from the list. Certain he would choose for us to play a game of laser tag, I put my best game face on and prepared to act completely surprised with the suggestion. Then he quietly whispered in my ear, "I think we should go to Sonic."

What can I say? The boy knows his mama likes the tots with extra cheese and a diet cherry limeaid.

So there we were waiting for the guy on skates to deliver our treats. My Friday night date was sitting in his booster seat, retelling a joke he had heard at school that ended with "I-C-U-P", and all the while debating the super powers of Captain America and SpiderMan. Certainly the night proved too full of excitement for him because he fell asleep on our way back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment