Saturday, December 25, 2021

Puerto Rico Day #5 - Culebra

We were up early like everyone else because Santa brought us catamaran tickets to Culebra. He also got us snorkel gear because you can’t go to the Caribbean and not see fish.



Our first stop took us to caye off of Culebra, a snorkeling spot where we spotted a hawksbill turtle, nurse shark, parrot fish, and puffer fish. We are spoiled, we all admit that, but snorkeling here has nothing on Turks or Roatan. 



From here we headed to Turtle Beach, where turtles feed in the sea grass and nest in the sandy beaches. 





We snorkeled some more, swam in the prettiest clear blue waters, and sat in the finest sand I’ve ever seen. Our tour guide likened it to talcum powder. Nothing could be more true. I can now say I see the reason so many people refer to this as the most beautiful island. 









I had fried yautias and a glass of coquito for dinner. In my next life I want to be a red headed Puerto Rican that’s immune to sand fleas and mosquitoes.





Warmest holiday wishes from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment