Monday, December 31, 2018

I’m Cheering for the Mav - Durs

For Christmas we planned to take Keagan to the OKC game in Memphis during our week of spring break. This was going to be his “big” present from us. But then I ran into a soccer mom in Wal-Mart, and she told me the highschool team is planning to play at the beach “sometime in March.” That had me worried. I didn’t want to miss the basketball game because of soccer. So at the last minute, I switched the Memphis game for the Mavericks game. 



Evan is a huge Mavs fan; Keagan is a die-hard OKC fan. Though it was a much longer drive, it would mean both boys could cheer for their team. We arrived two hours early, so the boys could get autographs. 

Evan got Luka’s. 



Poor Keagan just missed Westbrook and got pushed out of the way just as Adams arrived. On top of that, his team lost by a point and Westbrook, his favorite player, had the worst game! His Christmas trip was not at all what I had hoped for him. After the game, though, Keagan gave me a hug and told me thanks for a great Christmas gift. Oh, how I love his grateful spirit!



As a bystander happy with either team winning, I must say tonight’s game was as exciting as NBA basketball gets. Luka and DeAndre put on a show! It was a great game to see live with the winner determined with a last second, missed shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment