Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve

Evan and I started the day at an annual holiday event serving meals to the underprivileged. We were in charge of the dessert table and were given strict instructions to not let any one touch the cake. After the first two hours of standing guard, Evan almost fell asleep. We were salivating by 1:00 watching everyone else eat and lucky enough to get our own meals.


We then headed home to pick up the rest of the family for the candlelight Christmas Eve church service. It’s my favorite time to be in church. This year they ran out of candles when I entered the church. I had Wes go in search of one (since I love the candlelight so much), and he found one, but it was defective. I had hot wax all over my fingers within seconds and I had to blow it out earlier than the others. I’m not sure what message Jesus was trying to say about my “light.”


Dinner time meant loaded potato soup and sausage balls. We opened a few family gifts (Mallory’s gifts from the school store are always the highlight!) and made cookies for Santa. Mallory remembered Keagan loved Lightning McQueen as a preschooler and got him a LM ornament. Wes got red duct tape to protect extension cords and Direct TV cables from Ryker.


Now we await Santa’s arrival with Christmas movies and hot chocolate and just a few cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment