Saturday, June 30, 2012

Work in Progress


It's 100 degrees and not even noon, but Keagan has a dozen cones set up in the cul-de-sac running basketball drills. He must have stopped me from working on my homework a dozen times, and that easy one hour research critique has now dragged into a three hour ordeal.

"If I mess up, Mom, I have to start the drill all over again."

"Look at my muscles, Mom. I think this means I am gaining weight and strength."

"Mom, don't buy any more Frosted Flakes. It's only Special K for me from now on. I gotta work on eating healthy."

 "Mom, where's my Kindle? I need some good music to keep my energy levels up."





"Score! Now I gotta go to my room to do some sit-ups. I'm a work in progress, Mom, a work in progress."



Wes, you have yourself a work-out partner when you return. Now maybe I can finish that article.


No comments:

Post a Comment