Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beach Boys


I decided to go back to school to add another endorsement to my teacher certificate. It never occurred to me that enrolling in a college program at a big name school might mean lots of work. It seemed exciting when I was in the application stage. Now it seems like a ruined summer vacation. Yesterday I sat at my computer for twelve hours straight working on my mid-term...14 pages on the nature and emotional needs of gifted students. Does it mean my life is uneventful and sad if I admit I found the countless research articles and my textbook all very interesting?
I will answer for you. Yes, it does.
Yesterday, Keagan got upset with me because I wouldn't play basketball with him (I was in deep thought with twice exceptional students), and he said, "Mom, summer is our time to be together and play together. I really don't like all this time you spend on the computer taking tests and writing papers." 
He really knows how to lay on the guilt.
So today we went to the beach. He declared it the best beach day all year. 

We spent $10 on beach shovels and the boys spent three hours digging a hole. I spent three hours working on my vitamin D production. I think I got the better end of the deal, but what do I know? I think a summer filled with research articles and textbooks is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment