Thursday, June 7, 2012

Strawberry Cream


I found fresh strawberries at the Farmer's Market this week. I had to buy them; that memory from Monday and blackberry overload was now a distant memory.  Yesterday afternoon I decided to relive a childhood memory and whip up a strawberry dessert that my grandmother made for my sister and me when we were much younger.

Keagan was very impressed with my strawberry cream concoction, and within just a few minutes he returned to the kitchen with, "You're such a good cooker, Mom! That was great!"

I responded with, "Thanks, Keagan. When I was a little girl, my grandmother used to make this same dish for me. You see she would chop up the berries and then mix them with...."

"Wooah, Mom. I don't care HOW you make it. I just want you to make some MORE."

I could hear Grandma laughing along with me, and then I did exactly as she would have done. I pulled out the cream from the fridge, sugar from the canister, and berries from the sack and whipped up another helping of strawberry cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment