Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Soccer Snacks

Tonight marked the end of spring rec soccer, and Team Galaxy celebrated the winning season with cupcakes and trophies.
You'll remember that when we lived in Virginia I took fruit as the after-game snack, and I experienced a mini-revolt led by small children. There seems to be some unwritten rule about eating a healthy snack post game, and I was not made privy to this rule.
Because I am now well versed in this rule, I was prepared for this season's upcoming snack day. When April 14 arrived, Keagan looked at me and said, "Mom, please don't tell me you plan to take fruit to this game, too."
There was no doubt I was on my way to winning the "best-soccer-mom" award when I found Keebler's box of 48 individual snack bags that included several varieties of cookies. I have no idea why I bought such a big box for a team of eleven, but I didn't want anyone to have to take a snack that they did not prefer. God forbid any child skip a snack and actually eat dinner. So after last week's game, I popped open the array of "good" snacks, and I experienced yet another mini-revolt led by small children. This is what I was asked: "Hey, Miss Keagan's Mom? I don't eat chocolate. Do you have any fruit?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment