Friday, April 16, 2010

Old People with Cracking Knees

My parents have just arrived for the long weekend. It will be filled with several sporting events and lots of laughs. Here are our firsts.

K: Oma, give me a hug. No, bend down and give me a hug.
O: Why do I need to bend down?
K: Just do it so I can hug you.
Oma gingerly bends down to hug her middle grandchild, and just as she does, both knees pop.
K: Yep, that's what I wanted to hear. Your knees pop. I like that about you, Oma.

E: Are you coming outside to play soccer, Opa?
O: Yes, but I need to change my shirt. Hum...Let me try to remember where to find it.
E: Old people (with exasperated sigh), they can't remember anything.

You wouldn't know it by reading the above, but the boys really do love their Opa and Oma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment