Monday, July 8, 2019

New York City

How in the world is today only 18 hours old? I’ve never done so much in one day. 

My alarm went off at 4:00. At 6:00 all of the trucks were loaded with household goods, extra food, cleaning supplies, and bedding, and after six years, we said goodbye to 1587 Edgewater. We drove to Fort Campbell to store the trucks/goods behind a locked gate and headed straight for the airport.



We drove down 24 with, surprisingly, no incident and made it to the airport just in time. At 1:00 we landed in New York City! We took a taxi to Fordham and got Evan registered for his summer seminar. 



We unpacked his clothes, made his bed, and ran off campus for some great pizza! Gosh I hope this experience is positive for him! 

After good-byes, Wes, Keagan, and I took the train to Grand Central Station, took the subway 47th street, and walked the block to our hotel. I so lucked out with this Priceline deal! Our hotel is just perfect! Keagan took a short nap, Wes studied the subway maps, and I was just so darn happy to not be pulling a fifty pound bag up stairs, down stairs, and across town.



We grabbed sandwiches for dinner and then took the subway to The Empire State Building for views of more tall buildings. 









I will be honest and say I was underwhelmed. We window shopped at Foot Locker (Keagan is with us after all) until the sun set, picked up cakes at the corner bakery, and toasted to a great day one. 



Eight more days of horns, sirens, smells, and unusual people await us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment