Saturday, July 13, 2019

Boston Day 2

I think I should get a credit for US History after today’s tours, guided walks, and experiences. There were so many facts and nuggets of info shared by our docents that I can’t possibly remember it all, but I loved the idea of experiencing history in the midst of a modern, thriving city. In this regard, Boston is as close as the US gets to Europe’s rich history.

We started our day with a guided walking tour of the Freedom Trail. 


(Site of Boston Massacre)


(Christ’s Church) 



We returned to Faneuil Hall for chawda. It made no difference it was 87 degrees and I have a heat rash on both legs because Nor’Easterns don’t know how to use AC. I was eating hot chowda. 



It was everything I dreamed but enough. 

Then we jumped on the trolley to tour the far reaches of the city - in case we missed anything on the walking tour. 





Keagan fell asleep on the trolley 



and begged for a longer nap in the hotel, but I stopped at Starbucks, paid $6 for caffeine, and said, “Keep up, Big Guy, we’ve got Paul Revere to see.” 

We made the short walk to his house, and we toured it in five minutes because, we’ll, it doesn’t take long to see three rooms. He was also a bell maker, and we got to see one he made! (The teacher in me was a tad bit giddy to see it.)





We left Paul’s house and headed to Little Eatly, the Italian corner of Boston, and there in broad daylight I finally heard my first Bostonian Italian. It was just like the movies with the accent, the greasy hair, and the unbuttoned shirt. I’m sure he just left his mom’s basement and left his cross necklace on the bureau.

The day was still young, so we walked to the public park and took the swan boat for a ride. I loved this part of Boston!





We ended our day at Cheers for beer and potato skins. 





Tomorrow? Who knows? There’s still Italian food to be eaten, baseball games, and war ships to be explored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment