Thursday, June 29, 2017

Texas Waterin' Holes

"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." 

 

Thursday's Texas Trip took us to the outskirts of Wimberly, a one hour drive that took us through nothing but rolling hills and mesquite trees. Our first stop was Jacob's Well, a 60 feet deep swimming area surrounded by limestone cliffs. We had a reservation and it's a good thing! We were the third family to arrive but a constant crowd streamed in behind us.

 

Evan was the first to jump into the ice cold water.

 

Keagan had to jump multiple times.

 

I couldn't get in deeper than my waist. My thighs were numb after ten minutes,  and I couldn't even feel the sun when I stepped out. It was that cold.


Our next stop was the Blue Hole. I have no pics because there was a line to get in to swim. There was no way anyone in my family was going to stand in line to see a creek. 

The third attempt at swimming in nature was as Barton Springs, but it was closed due to high levels of bacteria. Comforting. 

So we returned to the resort to swim in a concrete pool loaded with chlorine. It has a basketball goal and can entertain my boys for hours - more than a rope swing hanging from a cypress tree anyway.

Tomorrow is our last day in the Hill Country.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment