Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Hill Country

Today's road trip dropped us off in the heart of God's country (most people refer to as Hill Country). We hiked Enchanted Rock in Llano county. If it wasn't 82 degrees and overcast, noon would have been the worst time to arrive. As it stands, it turned out to be a perfect day to hike. 
 

I'm not sure how we actually reached the top. It was much steeper than I had envisioned and there was no circling the rock to the top like I had assumed. It was straight up. 

 

The view at the top was amazing and a bit unnerving. I could see rain rolling in and did NOT want to be on top of the rock when it hit.

 

From here, we drove a half hour to Fredricksburg to have a traditional German meal. It did not disappoint.

Then we drove another half hour looking for Waylon, Willie, and the boys.

 

 

The boys couldn't believe we actually wanted to see this whistle stop of a town. Even though the music was great, it was short lived because we had one more place to see before closing time.

I've always wanted to see the French lavender fields. I hear the aromas are spectacular, so when I learned the Hill Country grows the same species of plant and it blooms in late June, I HAD to see it. Imagine my thoughts when my vision met my reality. 

 

This past winter was too warm and the lavender never bloomed! I guess this means I have to go to France. 

Our Texas adventure continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment