Friday, June 30, 2017

Texas Tour

Our week long tour of the Hill Country came to an end this morning. We stopped for lunch at Rudy's in Waco, and Keagan wanted to know why we had kept this restaurant a secret from him for so long.

From here, we made our way to the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame Museum.

 

The collection of guns was stimulating. One corner of the museum was a dress up station. Evan wanted to know if he would have worn chaps, hats, and badges in a museum as a kid. I told him hell yeah. That would have been the highlight of the trip.

As a reward for spending an hour looking at guns, I got to go to the Silos.

 
 

Wes refused to stop when he saw the lines, though. He didn't think a home decorating store was worth the wait. Clearly, he doesn't appreciate the finer things in life.

Next stop was the Czech Stop Bakery in West. My kolache was perfect! It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near I-35! 

Now that everyone has had caffeine and sugar the truck is alive with basketball trade talks and debates about next year's season. Three hours of this talk might  trigger me. I need earphones. 

Two. More.Hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment