Thursday, January 31, 2013

Commissioner Toole

"Mom, I have good news. I got SOAR student today."

"Really? That's great, Honey. Why were you chosen this month?"

"All the good kids were already chosen. But, Mom, I have some bad news, too."

"What's that?"

"I've already gotten in trouble twice this week."






There is no feel good ending to this story like we had last year when he was chosen for showing leadership skills on the playground by organizing a third grade kickball tournament and then choosing the special ed kid to be on his team. However, it appears that his leadership/bossing-everybody-around skills are still going strong. Interestingly enough a kid in Evan's class moved on post and now attends my school and is in my afternoon class. When I asked him if he knew Evan, he replied, "Oh yeah! Everybody knows Evan. He organizes the recess football league!"

Ummm what?

So I asked Evan about the recess football league.

He told me that he HAS a TCE football league. He CHOOSES the team names, CREATES team rosters, and then keeps track of the STANDINGS. He also told me that he acts like the NFL commissioner and REMOVES any players from the league that cannot follow the rules.

That's my boy. Through and through.

Please tell me these skills are marketable in the real world because he has mastered them like none other.

No comments:

Post a Comment