Friday, March 18, 2011

Time for Seasons

Today Wes and I were both able to see Keagan's play that his school put on for the parents of the kindergarden students. Keagan's class represented winter and Keagan was dressed as a mitten. He nailed his lines and he had all the right moves with the choreography.

Keagan and his best friend Isaiah are in the same class and also attend after school care together. Keagan told me a couple of months ago that he was really glad Martin Luther King, Jr made it okay for "peach skin and black skin people to be friends" because if he hadn't Keagan said that he would be "very lonely at school without his best friend." He then added, "I don't know why I always have friends with black skin; the white kids are always so weird and like to play weird things at recess - they want to pretend to be clowns. Isaiah and I like to run together and play sports."


These two are inseparable during the school day, and every time I see them together, they have these big smiles on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment