Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Soccer

My lazy Saturdays are no more; the spring soccer season has arrived. Evan's first Gator game was today, and we played the most exciting game ever. We won 1-0. Evan blocked the penalty kick in the last minute of the game that would have led to a tie. He jumped sky high to block the kick and then fell to the ground to cover the ball. It was amazing. I might have cheered a little bit, and I came to my senses a good five minutes later yelling, "That's my Baby!!!!" I think I heard Wes give a sigh of relief along with a, "Thank you, Sweet, Baby Jesus!"

It was truly amazing. Did I mention it was amazing? It was amazing.

I am researching goal keeping academies and summer camps because performances like today's do nothing in our argument that Evan cannot play keeper well.

No comments:

Post a Comment