Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Boys, Football, and Dallas

Shhh! This is a complete surprise for the boys, but on Sunday we have tickets to see the Cowboys play in the new Cowboy Stadium. For a non-Texan, this might not sound very exciting, but most Dallasites will tell you that seeing a Cowboy game from some place other than your living room couch is like a rite of passage for young boys. A rite of passage that my 35 year old husband is hell bent on experiencing in this late stage of his life. So hell bent that when I reminded him that we could take a Greek Cruise for about the same amount of money, he gave me the look, and I knew I could close the browser window entitled "Summer in Winter in Greece" without further discussion.

Allow me to mention that our seats are so high up that you must watch the Jumbotron to see the details of any play. The irony is we could probably see more if we were at home watching the game from our living room couch. And I know we could definitely eat cheaper while sitting on the couch at home. I already forsee next summer's vacation spent in the hot dog line.

But we are hoping it will be worth the money and extreme hassle of renting a car, getting a hotel room, and driving to Savannah to pick up our tickets when we see our two little boys' faces light up when we arrive at the stadium.

Just maybe we will be lucky enough to witness the third win of the season! If so, there will be two more people all smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment