Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

This time last year we were moving into the house we are in now. I remember the weather being just perfect for the boys to play outside and to spend an afternoon raking a few leaves. This year we skipped fall and headed straight to winter. It's 41 degrees and we have pulled out the winter clothes and coats. I refused to allow Evan to wear any gloves today because the only place anyone should be required to wear a full winter wardrobe in mid-October is the Arctic Circle. When I got home this afternoon I decided we better get a few fall pics taken before the snow starts to fall! 


We muddled through Friday afternoon traffic to Lakeridge Nursery to see the Pumpkin Patch and play area. I bet it is a great place to spend a warm fall afternoon, but when it is 41 degrees and raining, playing outside is not really my idea of fun. I also didn't realize that it cost $15 a person to play amidst the fall decor. Maybe it was because we were the only ones there, maybe it was because it was too wet to blow up any of the moon bounces, or maybe because the cashier was too cold to meet us outdoors, but we got a free visit of the place and the boys got to spend a full five minutes running around before Keagan said his feet were cold and Evan sprained his right arm when he slipped off the wet rope swing.

I still consider the trip a success. I got a few fall pictures after all, and I found the Vera Bradly city tote in the new fall collection. As it turns out, the local plant nursery sells more than just cabbage roses and mums! I made sure Evan remembered my purse of choice, but in case he forgets, Wes, it is the new city tote in the color wine.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-2489248774793017978?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment