Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekend Sports: Update #4

No lost purple socks this weekend. So on Friday evening I didn't waste any time looking for uniforms pieces that don't exist. Instead, I pulled out Evan's mouth guard for flag football because today was his skills camp, and I decided I would get it rinsed off and into his carry case so it would be ready for our early departure on Saturday morning. I was really proud of myself for having everything together and ready to go, and then I was almost knocked over when I stumbled across the words "personal fitting" on the back of the mouth guard package. I read closer and realized a simple rinsing really required a pan of boiling water, a cup of ice water, and then a mouth cast in plastic. All of this at 9:00. So I pulled Evan out of bed and we began the multi-step process of a personal fitting. We had to repeat steps 1-5 several times to get it just right, but I guess it fits just fine now because Evan wore that thing all day, even while walking the aisles of the commissary this afternoon.

Soccer: Team United
Evan's soccer game was probably the most exciting of any game we have ever played, and we had to leave after the first quarter to take Keagan to his t-ball game. Evan had a goal and two fine cross field passes, and I was really upset that we didn't get to stay and watch the rest of the game. I am hoping for a re-match later in the season.



T-Ball: Rockies vs Astros
This game made me realize that when given the option I should have requested Keagan's placement on team Astros. That coach was awesome and I should have known that any team with a Texas name would be the team of choice. Instead, I made the flippant and erroneous statement, "They all are the same to me. Place Keagan on any team." Keagan played one inning before we had to leave yet again to take Evan to football.



Keagan fields the ball and prepares to throw to first base.




Keagan and Coach Scott high five after an out at first base.



Football: Skills Clinic
Evan said it was great fun, but I don't know how much he really learned. I found him daintly holding the football and running in circles around the cones. However, when it was time to scrimmage, he made two "tackles" (I know you don't tackle in flag football but "he removed two flags" doesn't sound nearly as impressive).


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-163599111840820778?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.comAll of this driving back and forth, and I realized that if I have a husband that must work on weekends, then I need a grandma / grandpa to help out with the transportation of the children.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment