Saturday, September 12, 2009

Let the Games Begin

Wes says it is too much, and I have wondered once or twice what I was thinking. However, how could I tell my boys no when they both wanted to play two sports and swim this fall? With longer days at school, and four days of sporting events, I think I am going to be fried by Thanksgiving. Here are the results of Week One.

Keagan's First T-Ball Scrimmage Pirates vs Rockies
Keagan was the first up to bat and he hit a triple. This is of course because any five year old can run better than he can throw a baseball. Then it was time for Keagan's team to take the field. After hitting the first base player in the chest with the ball, Keagan said forget about throwing the runner out. He decided to run the player down. My favorite play was the hit down the third base line. Keagan fielded it and ran it all the way to first base to get the runner out. I had one dad ask, "Have you thought about track?" 




Evan's First Soccer Game of the Fall Season
This season Team United moved up to a new league, and as a result, they play on a larger field with longer quarters. You can bet Evan is gassed at the end of his turn of play. He scored two goals today and had an assist, but the best was to see him use the "surf", the skill he learned this summer at the UK Elite Camp. It is always a relief to see your hard earned money put to good use. 



In three more weeks we get to add flag football to the Saturday routine. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment