Thursday, August 7, 2008

Batting Cages







We followed the lead of some friends and spent a few hours at the batting cages at the local park. Even though it was a scorcher today, it was great fun! We quickly ran through our stack of coins, and when the money ran out, Wes pitched the balls to the boys. They were hitting the balls left and right; it was amazing how quickly Evan learned the rhythm of the machine.



































 I hit three rounds in the softball cage and I did better than I did many moons ago when I was in high school. At one point, Keagan said, "Gosh, Mom. You're good!" When the weather cools down, I would love to go back, and I will remember to bring my own helmet because I can still smell the sweaty stench of the one that I had to borrow from the Park Authority. Do they ever wash those things???? I probably don't want to know the answer to that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment