Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Shelter At Home

It was announced the state is going into shelter at home beginning tonight until April 30. For another month, we are going to be together. In this house. Unseparated. Still Together. For 30 more days. God help us!

 I cannot continue to feed this tribe. I’m done with cooking. I have been banned from making roast and taco salad because someone says we eat it too much. Today’s spaghetti bake was “too simple” and Sunday’s bbq chicken was “too dry.” Chicken pot pie had too many vegetables and is too closely related to chicken and dumplings. I cannot ever make them both in the same week again. Feel free, he tells me, to buy Little Bite muffins, Little Debbie snack cakes, and all of the tortilla chips you can find. 

Keagan woke up from a nap just in time to hear the shelter at home announcement. The expression on his face when Evan broke the news was priceless. It was much like my face when Keagan decides to object to my weekly menu choices. Keagan feels that before the 30 days are up someone in this family of four will end up “turnt.” I quickly announced it couldn’t be me because I’m the only one of us who can cook. Evan decided he would be going “to the grocery store” for hours on end and daily to get food supplies. Keagan is looking to hitch a ride with him. He needs to find Little Debbie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment