Saturday, April 7, 2018

Sports Banquet

Better late than never, I guess. We celebrated the end of the basketball season three months after it ended with dinner and medals. I assure you it was better received in April than it would have been in January. I didn’t feel much like celebrating after winning only two games. Tonight each player was recognized with a personalized medal.





The seventh graders will be leading the team next winter. Someone in the audience mumbled to his table, “Well I hope they grow.” Clearly he didn’t mean for the parents of the “short” kids to hear him. You better believe I didn’t let it pass. I immediately responded, “You do not have to be tall to play basketball.”

Keagan says next season will be his last season to play basketball. He plans to concentrate on playing soccer in highschool. Just like his brother. My heart hurts to hear this, but my life will be so much easier with only one sport schedule to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment