Monday, April 2, 2018

God Blessed Texas

Maybe because I had to spend Tuesday relinquishing my Texas residency and establishing Tennessee residency. Maybe because I want to ensure my boys have a strong connection to “home.” Whatever the reason, I subscribe to Texas Monthly, proudly speak with my Texas accent and want my boys to feel Texas is as much of their home as Tennessee. On our way to San Antonio we stopped in Austin to see the Capitol. 











The best part of the trip? Seeing how the interstate was lined with bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes. I can’t tell you how much I wanted to get out of the 80 mph car and frolic in the flowers. It’s been more than twenty years since I’ve seen them in bloom. Luckily, I got a picture while standing still. There’s nothing more beautiful than Texas in spring!



I got my authentic Mexican food at Mi Tierra but we also found a new favorite Mexican bakery. My weekend was complete and I hadn’t even seen a basketball player! 



And we experienced the king of gas stations, Buccees! It’s only after this I-35 stop that I think my kids can be officially considered Texans!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment