Thursday, May 5, 2016

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's raining and all of the practices got cancelled for this afternoon - even the indoor practice because the school gym's roof leaks. All of this rain means I have a couple of hours, the ultimate gift, to grocery shop, buy teacher gifts, and shop for Mother's Day. I'd never been more excited for extra time.

Until I got home, unpacked the groceries, and a full gallon of milk fell on the concrete and exploded all over the garage. I told Evan I would pay him $5 to clean it up. I suggested using buckets of water and a mop. He had other ideas. He pulled out the leaf blower and tried to blow the milk into the yard. That was until the leaf blower ran out of gas. He tried to refill the tank and the garage took on a distinct smell of gas and oil. After searching high and low for fuel, carefully spilling gas everywhere, and trying to start it, the leaf blower still didn't turn on. So now I had a garage covered in milk and smelling of gasoline. 

I was left asking myself why it had to rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment