Wednesday, May 25, 2016

One Day Away From Summer

Today was the last full day of the school year. Evan had field day, and normally I would be sure that he spent the day persuading everyone the importance of winning. But since I'm not sure I really know my 13 year old any more, this may not be accurate.



Here's a picture I lifted from his IG account. Outside my own classroom filled with exclusively military dependents, I promise I've never seen a more diverse group of friends. This is the absolute best reason to love our middle school.

Keagan celebrated the last full day with fourth quarter awards. He met his reading goal this quarter, made honor roll, and got the music award for his fingering skills with the recorder. 



After school was the fifth grade celebration and party. Keagan can make friends with anyone and always seems to be meeting someone new. Today I met two of his new friends.




Last week he told me his lunch account was low because he was buying icecream every Wednesday for himself and a friend. He said he felt badly for the kid because on Fridays the school counselor always brought him a bag of food to eat on the weekends. He said, "It's not fair when everyone gets Hostess cupcakes and he doesn't, so I decided to make sure he got a dessert, too." He has a heart of gold, People.

I can almost see the day where I get to sleep in past 0500. Oh, how I've missed you, Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment