Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun

It's a month overdue, I know, but today I finally took the boys to the water park on Jekyll Island. I had no idea it was going to be so much fun! Otherwise, I would have squeezed this trip into a day in the beginning of June. Of course, the fun could have been due to the fact that I had to ride zero (count it, 0) water slides, and the boys learned that they could do flips and headstands in the lazy river while I floated on an inner tube. Can you say perfection? Maybe it was all the treats I bought. I went overboard with buying the boys both Italian ice AND Dippin' Dots. Who can't be happy when you get to have both in one day? Don't judge. The trip was a reward after all.


As much fun as we might have had, the highlight was most definitely the moment the boys looked at each other and said, "Let's go ride the slides." And then, almost as if they were hoping I would agree, "Mom, you can stay here in your chair if you want." Who was I to say no? From my lounge chair, I watched my babies, who I realized are no longer babies, walk themselves across the wooden bridge to the two big slides, and I knew all of those hundreds of dollars of swim lessons would give me some peace of mind. In the meantime, my boys' attempt at independence would give me one great tan.(By the way, that lasted about 15 minutes, and then the boys had to come check on me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment