Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sopadilla Bay at Chalk Sound

 It would not be a Toole vacation if we didn't take a rental car down a dirt path, and to maintain our adventuresome spirit we did just that today. We had to master driving on the left side of the road (well, Wes had to master this), and we had to manuever round abouts that made me dizzy. It took us a while to find the right dirt road, and after finally stopping a construction worker, we were on our way to pure bliss.



The water here at Turks and Caicos is the clearest and most beautiful that I have ever seen. The water is so blue that the sunlight is reflected off the water and back into the clouds so that the clouds hold the same aqua blue. I bet there is a scientific name given to this phenomenon because I know I read about how people from all over come here to study it, but because my knowledge of clouds is limited to cumulus and cirrus, I am really at a loss for anything more specific. Let me just say I have never seen it before and I think it is beautiful.



It is at this same bay that pirates shipwrecked thousands of years ago. They buried their treasures and left clues to the hidden loot with a map carved in the rocks, but the stash has never been found. The boys were so taken by this tidbit of information that they began their own search for jewels and gold coins.


We now have an entire collection of beach shells and rocks that contain hidden messages that only Evan and Keagan can decipher.

No comments:

Post a Comment