Friday, February 4, 2011

Anthistamine High

There is nothing like a day of living high on antihistamines and cough syrup. I have been lucky enough to have two of these days this week. Although I'm not completely healthy today, I am better than on Wednesday when I was one or two steps away from death. I could blame the sickness on the bad air I inhaled during my flight to Texas last Friday, but I actually think I was the one who brought the diseased air to the plane. I knew something was wrong Friday night when my Whataburger from the I-30 Rockwall location didn't make me want to kiss the Texas soil. 

On another note, the Suns were officially uninvited to Monday's championship game. I don't know how anyone, except for those teams that beat us, could possibly have a better record than us. I have decided the Suns will live on, and next winter the same team, minus five or six players, (okay that would make a new team of three) will rejoin to beat the Nuggets. I know I was pushing the meds pretty hard Thursday night, but I think Evan really did score in the double digits. I even videod the game with my new phone, and then learned I didn't have a data plan that allowed the sharing of videos. I just can't win.

Last, I think we can expect something really big in the coming weeks. I may even go so far as to predict the end times because after four years of fighting the forces that be in the government, my school actually got new air conditioning units. These don't blow mold spores throughout the building. I was even asked if my desk, the desk that only has three legs and sits propped up against a wall with a prayer and roll of masking tape, could be replaced.

My very last point, this week STAR students were announced at the boys' schools. Neither boy has been chosen all year. When I asked Evan why he had not been chosen, he told me the teacher is "trying to pick kids who don't have good homes first so that they feel better about themselves," and Keagan told me, "Don't worry, Mom. Mrs. Banks has to get through all the good kids first, and then it's MY turn."

If I weren't so high on antihistamines and cough syrup, that last statement would worry me.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-8592538210010471744?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment