Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Just Ludacris!

On Sunday, Evan was invited to a birthday party on post at one of the bowling alleys. He needed a present. I needed an Estee Lauder product, and there is only one place in Hinesville that sells them both. Thankfully, it isn't Wal-Mart.

And so we headed to the PX. Usually this isn't a big deal, but the entire weekend included "Welcome Home" celebrations for the 1st BCT. The PX parking lot was partitioned off for ice skating, bounce houses, photos with Santa, face painting... in other words, craziness. Everyone, even those not associated with 1st BCT, was looking for something to do - something other than browsing the aisles of the local Wal-Mart - so it was CROWDED!!!

Despite the people, we had to stop in the PX. I noticed the long lines at the front gate (about half a mile away). I noticed the MWR stage. I heard the loud noise. But none of it kept me from my mission: Estee Lauder foundation is a must in winter. Evan and I pushed our way through the parking lot, and finally found our way inside the building when we noticed a line of people wrapped around the food court, interspersed through random kiosks selling Lord knows what, and even into the front of the store where women's clothing sits for sale. There we saw huge cameras, television crews, and news reporters. MPs and county police officers were standing everywhere.

I tapped a young African American girl on the shoulder and asked, "What's going on?"
She asked, with one eye on her camera and one eye down the aisle through boys' clothing, "Girl! You don't know! It's ludicrous!"
I responded, "Yeah, it's crazy, but why?"
She said, "You a white girl. You probly don't know. Girl, it's Ludacris! The singer! He be here any minute!"

Here I was in a crowd of people way bigger than the crowds at the Shangri La Chinese Acrobats Show. I think it might have even rivaled the crowds waiting to see Chuck Liddell. I was in way over my head, but my need for Lucidity Natural Beige was so great, I couldn't back out. Not now.

Evan and I meandered our way to the make-up counter and got ready to check out. Just then we heard loud cheering, and people started going crazy jumping up on shelves and displays of Coke to catch a glimpse. I was there and decided I might as well, too. Evan and I elbowed our way back to the crowds, and I saw three black guys. I had no idea which one was Ludacris. That's when my wise friend, the one I approached upon entering the store said, "Oh, he be prettier on TV. In real life he so short."

I looked at Evan, and asked, "Do you see him?"
He responded, "What's the big deal? It's a short brown dude!"

I agreed. So we took our Lucidity Natural Beige, our birthday present, our Transformers gift bag, and we headed for the check out line. We were the only ones actually purchasing so we didn't wait long.

Let me tell you that experience was just Ludacris!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-2532603183178584035?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment