Monday, May 17, 2021

The Last Dance

We lost tonight’s Regional game. I had such high hopes for the team after our performance on Thursday night. We lacked intensity tonight and we had very little attack. And we didn’t have Keagan in the mid-field. Tonight’s game marks the end of Evan’s hobby and passion. 

Here he is as the team captain before kickoff. 



Here is his signature arm position when passing the ball. 



I cannot say good-bye to something I have loved for the past fourteen years, even if Evan says I must. Maybe I can talk him into one more last dance when his travel team goes to Regionals in June. Or maybe he will agree to play college club ball. Until then, tonight’s game highlight, for me anyway, was Evan’s defensive slide tackle. 




He’s been given a yellow for this move more times than I can count. He tore his Achilles doing this three years ago. And yet, tonight’s tackle was perfectly timed.

No comments:

Post a Comment