Saturday, June 9, 2018

Summer of My Dreams

I’ve been dreaming of summer for months. This is how my first week went.

1. The AC went out three days ago. We have temps of 90 plus outside and temps of 80 inside. I feel like I’m at my mom’s.

2. Evan has an ingrown toenail again. He does self- surgery on the toe every 2-3 days in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding and swelling. We’ve waited five weeks for an appointment and it’s finally almost here.

3. We have an infestation of carpenter bees in our brand new pergola. Now we must pay for someone to treat the wood.

4. Did I mention we have a broken dog?

5. Keagan spilled a strawberry smoothie on the carpet. Then told me about it twelve hours later. A carpet cleaning company will be here Tuesday.

6. It’s travel soccer tryout season and the angst of awaiting a call, being told one thing, and then being told another caused more drama that I care to have in my life.

7. Thursday night Evan was in a wreck and had to be “saved” by his soccer coach. He has a jammed finger to go along with that jacked up toe. 

Clearly not the summer of my dreams. It almost makes me want to return to my class of trouble. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment