Friday, June 1, 2018

Summer Break

Ahhhh! Finally!! After teaching 21 years, this is surely the most celebrated last day of school ever. Never have I had a more challenging class or a group of kids that made me question my chosen profession. I cried on my way to work the entire first quarter. I contemplated, several days in the second quarter, not taking my exit to Fort Campbell and just continuing west on I-24. There’s nothing north of post except Paducah and a quilt museum, and believe me when I say there were days when quilt making seemed much more fun than my class of trouble. And now it’s the day I’ve been awaiting since September. It’s my first day of summer break, and I’m spending it doing everything I like but soccer.

 Tonight I attended an art class where we made serving trays out of whiskey barrel lids. What says Tennessee more than Jack Daniels? Not a whole lot. 


I think it’s just beautiful!


Next week Tina and I are glass blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment