Monday, May 29, 2017

Lest We Forget

For months we had plans to spend the three day weekend in Memphis playing in the state soccer tourney. Then last Sunday we learned we didn't make it. That left us three whole days with no plans. Saturday it wasn't supposed to rain but our evening plans got rained out. Sunday we changed our plans because it was supposed to rain and then it didn't rain a drop. So I told the boys we absolutely, positively planned to leave the house on Monday. And what is more American and kicks off summer time fun more than baseball? My boys were not sold on attending a minor league baseball game - even Wes doubted the family fun day idea. I promised Wes a Jack&coke slushee, and I promised the boys cornhole and miniature golf and Dippin' Dots.

 I spent the better half of the first three innings fielding baseball questions, but I didn't have to buy miniature golf passes or slushees. The boys said it was actual fun. Of course, we left after six innings. Baseball tends to drag on and on - even for me.

 

Next on my summer family fun day list is the Chinese Lantern Festival. If a sporting event is a hard sell with my three, then I expect this to cost me a summer filled with daily ice cream stops!

Lest we forget today's true meaning. It's more than baseball, steaks on the grill, or a day off of work. I'm forever grateful to live in this great nation and for the men and women who volunteer to uphold our nation's values and beliefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment