Friday, May 19, 2017

Last Day for Everything

Today was Evan's last Field Day. He was not pleased with the events announced for this year's races, and he told me he had no intention of running a race with pool noodles in between his legs or running in a sack. So today when I asked how it went, he told me the day was just "ok". His pictures prove otherwise.

 

He must have been doing something to get so hot, he had to do this! His math teacher sent me this picture with the caption "you're kid." I couldn't admit he has done this previously, so I replied "what in the world?" I tried to persuade her I was just as shocked, but I really wasn't. 

 

And in this picture he's with his girl, his friends, and he has a smile bigger than Texas. I think he had fun - real fun - even if the hotdogs were "fake." Aren't they all fake meat?

Keagan, on the other hand, reported it was a great day. His team won the 4-100 relay and he won first in the 50 yard dash. He even has the plastic first place medals to prove it! His shorts were stained with red mud, his face was lined with war paint, and he had dirt slung up the back of his shirt. This kid must have been running hard!

 
 

So why does he look like he's taking a mug shot? I don't even understand?!?!

He told me tonight he is rethinking that decision he made four years ago to stop running. He thinks he might need to take a season to explore track and field.

Ohh, Lightning! Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment