Friday, May 5, 2017

Craft Night

It's Friday night and we are all at home completing crafts. The end must be near. 

Keagan is completing an extra credit assignment for social studies. He is studying the Romans, so he (read I) created the outline of a mosaic that represented the Roman goddess, Aurora, goddess of the dawn.

 

My OCD self tried to cut perfect 1/2 inch squares, but after an hour, I decided a variety of shapes would be just fine. Keagan had glue on every finger and in his hair. As we were gluing, I thought we would practice his oral presentation. I asked him why he chose to create a mosaic. I was expecting him to say the Romans used mosaics as decorations in their houses and temples. Instead he said, "Pinterest."

Meanwhile, Evan (read I) was creating a "promposal" for next week's eighth grade dance. It is understood he will go with his girlfriend, but he wanted a cute way to ask her. We've been googling "promposals for her" for weeks and have never laughed so hard at some of the ideas. Giraffes anyone? We were almost desperate enough to buy a sack of cuties and write "orange you ready to go to the dance with me?" 

We went with this instead.

 

Mickey needs Minnie
Winnie needs Pooh
I want to go to the dance with you.

My invite is a bit late
I hope you didn't fear
So I know you say yes
Smile from ear to ear!

The plaque says Smile Ear to Ear.

We are back in our element tomorrow. Evan will be on the soccer fields. Keagan will be on the basketball courts.

1 comment:

  1. love both the crafts...Wish I was there to help...I make a mean salt map..lol..love you all.

    ReplyDelete