Monday, July 28, 2014

EFT at RMS

Last week Evan had middle school orientation. Yikes! Middle school?! I think this makes me officially old.

I was struck by the diversity, or perhaps oddity is a better word, of middle schoolers when I dropped my 5'6" inch, 127 pound, 10.5 shoe size baby boy, and he sat next to a boy that was barely 5 feet tall, 75 pounds, and wearing shoes that tighten with Velcro. I might also add the other boy carried a notebook and a pencil so he could take notes. It was either that or sit at the table of girls, and I knew Evan would never consider that option.

We toured the middle school, reviewed his class schedule, practiced opening the lockers with a combination lock, and asked all of the important questions like "When does football practice begin?"



I was not allowed to take any pictures at orientation, and I was only allowed to get this photo after closing hours, right before dusk, when no one would be near the school. I also had to pay the price of a medium Oreo blizzard. Chump-change, in my opinion, for such a precious memory.

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome boy! I'm going to remember the blizzard bribe. The only middle school picture I have is a stock photo from the school website.

    ReplyDelete