Monday, October 14, 2013

Music Row

You can't live this close to Nashville and ignore the country music scene. However, if you are a female, you should ignore the popular Nashville trend of wearing short shorts and boots - especially if you are on the big side. Too few heed this advice. I know because on Monday we spent the holiday in the downtown area walking up and down Broadway, and every girl we saw under the age of thirty had on too short shorts and boots. 

On the contrary, while visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame, we didn't see anyone under the age of 65. None of the AARP crowd were wearing short shorts and boots, but every single one of them had headsets for the self-guided tour and walked aimlessly among displays of costumes and guitars clearly taking a walk through memory lane.


I'll admit that the walls were lined with thousands of gold records, and I didn't have a clue who half the people were and I certainly didn't know any of the songs. I even had a tough time explaining to the boys the significance of Hee-Haw, even though I remember watching it on Saturday nights at my grandparents' house.

I might have been a bit lost in the Hall of Fame, but I totally recognized the significance of the Ryman. We got the typical family photo op and headed to lunch because Keagan is currently on the feeding schedule of an infant and seems to think he should eat every two hours.


It was a beautiful day filled with great family memories, wonderful food, and even better company. I can't thank Columbus enough for our wonderful long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, Fun, Fun...we so enjoyed our short visit..and loved watching both the boys win the tournament. I think we have found a new sport to watch..action pacted..and the beast and the terminator were great..:)

    ReplyDelete